Skip to main content

THE HOME LIST


We have been in our home almost three years now and it seems like time has flown by!  There are so many changes and upgrades Hubby and I wanted to do as soon as we moved in but life happened.  Between both of us working full time, going to school, and limited funds (we are also restoring our '71 Mustang), there isn't a lot of time, energy and $$$ at this point in the game.  Between simple home repairs and maintenance there doesn't seem to be a lot of time for projects.  Welcome to home ownership!  For me, it is so helpful though to make a list of my dreams and goals I want to achieve so that I get a visual idea of the planning process.  Plus it feels so good to cross something off the list!  Yes I am one of those women who loves to cross things off.  There is simply not the same satisfaction when you delete a task off of your smart phone.  We have truly done a lot but there is much to be done.  So without further ado, here is a list of our goals and dreams for our home in no particular order:

Plant and harvest a backyard vegetable garden
Install a backyard paver patio or stamped concrete
Upgrade lighting in the dining room
Install french doors in the dining room out to the patio
Install new wood flooring on the first floor of our home
Paint walls and ceilings of every room in the house
Replace all floor/door/closet moulding
Install new window casings throughout the house
Upgrade all kitchen appliances (including a double oven)
Paint kitchen cabinets
Upgrade kitchen/bathroom counter tops
Landscape the front and backyard
Paint exterior of home
Upgrade kitchen bar stools Done.
Purchase floor rug for family room Done.
Replace all window blinds throughout the house
Replace front entry door with a windowless, heavier and more durable fire resistant door
Paint garage entry door black
Install floating shelves in the master bathroom
Install white subway tile in kitchen
Replace office chair Done.
Install keyboard drawer in desk
Build front porch bench or purchase two Adirondack chairs
Re-stain master bathroom cabinets
Paint guest bathroom cabinets
Purchase Hide-A-Bed couch for Office/Guest Room
Frame guest and master bathroom mirrors
Replace flooring in guest full bath
Upgrade lighting in laundry room
Replace front entry door hardware
Replace garage entry door hardware
Replace Garage Door
Upgrade stove range

Wow.  Sigh.  This is the first time I've actually written or typed this entire list out.  Now that it's on "paper", I can say that I am a bit overwhelmed.  I didn't realize how much needs to be done.  Now granted, some of these are truly dreams and will probably not come to fruition, but it is still a lot to review.  Within the next year, that is after we sell our Mustang, we'll really be able to tackle some of these projects and they will feel so good to get done.  One step at a time.  One day at a time.  I must say that pinterest has been helpful to organize some of my projects and since I'm a visual person, it's nice to see ideas and what I'd like to get done.  If you want to see my ideas check the board out on pinterest.

Hope you are all doing well!  Do you have lists of all of your home projects?  Do you use pinterest to help organize your projects?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DRESSER TURNED TV STAND MAKEOVER

Tonight, I am so excited to share with you what hubby has been working on for the last few months in his spare time.  Let me preface by saying that we've had our TV hanging on the wall above our fire place since we purchased it about a year ago.  And though I liked it there and it fit well, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.  You see, while the TV is on and you're sitting on the sofa curled up in a warm blanket drinking hot tea, you can't have the gas fireplace running.  Not only do I use the TV for viewing movies and television shows, but I listen to a lot of music through it.  I love our fireplace but would love it more if I could use it!  So to solve that problem I was on a mission to find a nice TV stand. After searching online and finding a lot of great furniture options, I realized I didn't really want to spend any money.  We had a dresser gifted to my husband years ago that we were planning on selling or donating but I really wanted to find a new u

DIY HOMEMADE MOD PODGE

We all know how expensive Mod Podge is at the craft store, right?  And since there are so many projects which use it, I thought I could find a homemade version  online .  Love  pinterest !  This is seriously the easiest DIY project I have ever done. Supplies: A Jar (I rescued an empty Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip Jar YUMMM which was on its way out to be recycled) Elmer's White Glue (I used two 4 fl oz bottles) Water Before I made the Mod Podge, I washed out the jar and spray painted the lid silver.  I also took off the label from the jar and did my best to get rid of all of the adhesive (first tried a paper towel and rubbing alcohol, but it didn't work and then I tried olive oil and it worked like a charm). Instructions: Empty glue into jar Fill the empty glue bottle with water and pour into the new jar with the glue  (Ideally, you want 50% glue and 50% water) Shake, Shake, SHAKE the jar That's it!  You have made homemade mod pod

TWO YEARS | remembering our miscarriage

We all have that day. The day when our world changed forever. For us, it was the day we lost our little one. I don't cry much anymore, but I remember. The pain isn't raw as it once was, but I will never forget. I remember the day I found out I was pregnant. The day I told my husband he was a daddy to be. I remember the dreams we had for this baby. Our hopes. Our plans. Our future. I remember our normally un-snuggly dog coming up to me and nuzzling her head under my arm pit, resting her head on my belly as if she knew there was a little life growing inside of me. I remember the prayers. So many prayers. We prayed every night for this baby of ours. For their future. For their health. For their life. The unbelievable love. The warmth of the sun and the smell in the air. I remember the darkness descending. The blood. The emergency room. The tests. The feelings of fear. The spoken words. The reality dawning. The unimaginable pain. The surgery. The pain isn't